C. After-hours bookings
- These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- Every first-time hirer must complete the New Hirer Application Form before any booking will be confirmed.
- No bookings will be accepted for private/family parties or gatherings.
- Hirers will only have access to the room(s) which are specified in the booking confirmation email, and only within the time frame you have booked. If you need additional time to set up or pack down, please get in touch with us to amend your booking.
- We may require the hirer to provide evidence of their status as a legal entity, health and safety plans, or other documentation before a booking takes place.
- Hancock Community House is smoke free inside the building and courtyard area.
- The booking does not include any use of car parking facilities.
- The hirer will be liable for any additional costs incurred due to the hirers use of the building, including but not limited to: damage to the facility, theft, cleaning or waste removal, lost access cards, or emergency services call out fees.
- All hirers and visitors must adhere to the code of conduct for HCH which is displayed at the entrance.
- Hirers must be considerate with your noise level, especially during working hours.
- Hirers must leave the space clean and ready for the next user. This includes removing all decorations and rubbish. A vacuum is available in the white cupboard in the kitchen.
- Hirers are responsible for placing rubbish and recycling into the separated bins provided. Any large items can be placed in the wheelie bins under the stairs in the courtyard. We do not have glass recycling facilities, so please take glass off site with you for disposal.
- Hirers are welcome to use cutlery, crockery and glassware from the kitchen. Please clean any used dishes thoroughly and put them away after use.
- Hirers are responsible for returning the room to the condition it was found in, including returning furniture to the correct rooms. The double room should have 6 tables and 40 orange chairs. The Blue room should have 2 tables and 20 black chairs.
- Evening and weekend hirers must turn off the lights, and close and lock external doors and windows in the meeting room before departing.
- Please let us know as soon as possible if you no longer require the booking. Cancellations within 2 working days of your booking will not be accepted and you will still be liable for payment.
- Te Pū Harakeke, acting as building managers, may refuse or cancel any booking that we consider may bring us, the building, or the tenants into disrepute, cause a risk to health and safety, or disrupt the ability of tenants to carry out their business.
C. After-hours bookings
- Reception is open from 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday. If you are using our facility after hours, we will provide either a code or a swipe card for you to access the building.
- The automatic door is only unlocked from 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday. You can exit through this door by using the button on the wall to the right.
- You will need to give attendees the access code before the meeting, or have someone at the front door to let people in. Please do not prop the door open and leave it unattended. Please be vigilant to ensure that no-one except the people attending your meeting enter the building.
- If you are the last group in the building, please ensure the foyer and external meeting room doors are locked, and the back gate is closed.
- The security alarm automatically sets at 10:30pm. You must be out of the building by this time.
- Bookings for the Red, Yellow, Blue or Double rooms will be invoiced at the end of each month. You will receive an invoice from Te Pū Harakeke by email. Please ensure you have provided the correct contact details.
- For Karaka/Orange Room only: Koha can be made by Bank Transfer into the following bank account: 03-0726-0484243-002. Please include your name/organisation as a reference. We suggest $5-$10 per hour for this room for charities, and $15 per hour for corporate groups.